The Journal Named Best Engineering/Construction Magazine
Publication earns six honors in 2012 for editorial and design excellence.
August 1, 2012 — For the sixth time out of the last seven years, The Journal from Rockwell Automation and Our Partners has been recognized as a top custom magazine in business-to-business publishing. The latest accolade comes from the 2012 Magnum Opus Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Content Marketing, which bestowed its Gold Award for “Best All-Around Publication — Best Engineering/Construction Magazine.”
One of six awards for editorial and graphic excellence bestowed upon the publication, this award recognizes superior achievement for content, design, fulfillment of its mission for readers and overall quality, as selected by a panel of judges from the famed Missouri School of Journalism. In addition to the Magnum Opus Gold Award, The Journal won five other honors in 2012:
- American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE) National Azbee Award for Design, Silver, Front
- Cover – Photo, “How Virtualization Rocks Your World,” October 2011.
- ASBPE Midwest Regional Azbee Award for Design, Silver, Opening Page/Spread – Computer
- Generated, “Unlock the Possibilities,” August 2011, pp. 14-15.
- APEX Awards of Excellence in Corporate Communications, Award of Excellence for Social Media,
- Theresa Houck, Executive Editor, for outstanding achievement in social media content strategy and
- APEX Awards of Excellence in Corporate Communications, Award of Excellence, Technology &
- Science Writing, “5 Trends in Pneumatics,” June 2011.
- Business Marketing Association Bell Award of Excellence, Single PR Campaign, Trade Show,
- Rockwell Automation and The Journal’s Executive Editor Theresa Houck, “Automation Fair Event,” for
- Strategic Media Relations Campaign.
The Journal From Rockwell Automation and Our Partners (www.rockwellautomation.com/thejournal) is published six times per year by Putman Media, Inc. (Itasca, Ill.) for Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee). It educates engineers about industrial automation news and trends, and the leading-edge automation products and services from Rockwell Automation and complementary technology from its partners. The magazine is the collaboration between Putman Media, Rockwell Automation and Padilla Speer Beardsley (PSB) Public Relations (Minneapolis).
The Journal’s 2012 award-winning team at Putman Media includes Publisher Mike Brenner, Executive Editor Theresa Houck, Managing Editor Amanda Joshi, Vice President of Creative Services Steve Herner, Art Directors Jason Vargas and Angela Labate, Production Manager Rita Fitzgerald and Publication Services Coordinator Carmela Kappel. This team publishes the magazine under the direction of Rebecca Archibald, Executive Publisher and Rockwell Automation Campaign Manager for Commercial Marketing. Senior Vice President Kathy Burnham leads the PSB team.