What we’ve learned…
Today, like most every day, for the past 70 years Putman designers and sales people are talking to readers of our magazines and visitors to our websites about issues impacting their business and how they are dealing with them. We are vying for their attention and trust just as your firm is.
On the topic of “effective advertising” to these customers, the following are some pointers based on our collective experience.
- It’s been evident for years that for capital equipment, products and high ticket services that are complex to buy and use, the crucial thing that advertising can do is move the buyer one step closer to selection and integration and finally a purchase.
- Our markets are inhabited by sophisticated buyers, who buy sophisticated products, and already have substantial product information. Forget trying to escape the rigors of the marketplace by finding minds untainted by the competitor’s claims.
- Our readers appreciate being informed, surprised, educated, questioned and otherwise made to think when investing time with their favorite industry publication or website.
- Advertising that is specific, high in informational content and iterative works best for big-ticket items and services in our markets.
- Great ads are so informative and sophisticated that they complement our editorial that is similarly involved in product discussion.
- Most executives see how potent long term, quality advertising can be. The problem is demonstrating ROI in the short term.
- Marketing communications programs and advertising in particular, poorly executed, is too expensive for most firms. By contrast, a well executed campaign with messaging that resonates with customers has never been more affordable or powerful.
- There is so much “noise” in the marketplace today that good creative and messaging that speaks to the customer, about issues they are concerned about, has never been more important.
- A business that tries to be all things to all people will inevitably fail. Similarly, your marketing communications efforts need to be increasingly specialized, addressing segments of your customer base with specific information on how your products and services will help solve specific problems.
Get Started Today…
We make it easy to create a message for your design, and to create a design for your message. Tell us your marketing strategy and business goals, and we’ll develop concepts that fit your branding and help you execute your plans.
Big ideas? No ideas? No problem! Our most satisfied clients are those who put trust in our creativity. We’re an award-winning design studio at your fingertips! Here at Putman Media, we take your success personally, and we’ll give you fresh, attractive design ideas that fit your needs. We’ll work with you to provide guidance and tweak concepts based on your wishes.
To get started contact a media rep below.
VP Content and Group Publisher
Control, Control Design
Phone: 630-467-1300 ext. 434
Phone: 630-467-1300 ext. 411
Food Processing, Wellness Foods
Phone: 630-467-1300 ext. 304
Phone: 630-467-1300 ext. 487
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, PharmaQbD.com
Phone: 630-467-1300 ext. 455
Phone: 630-467-1300 ext. 369
We know the industry…
You deserve creative services that appreciate your uniqueness. At Putman, we understand that you have your own message. And it doesn’t fit in a cookie cutter. That’s why you get one-of-a-kind attention to determine what’s right for you—from print, web and multimedia campaigns to integrated marketing services.
Our design team has over 40 years of business to business experience in your industries. If you are considering an integrated media campaign, designed to meet important objectives, you will not only have the best media products at your disposal, you will have the best, most experienced consulting team on your side.
Putman has assembled a creative services team whose express purpose is counseling our VIP clients on best practices and being involved in the execution of your campaign from beginning to end.
Award winning design…
- Winner of multiple National ASBPE Awards
- More than 100 Regional ASBPE Awards
- Multiple Ozzie/Folio Awards
- APEX Awards
- Communicator Awards